Tuesday 12 March 2013

Production log 4


This week has taught me a lot about my target audience , this is because i have conducted a lot of research upon them. One of these research consist of my focus group video which analyses my target audience properly as well as defines them well.
The information i have learnt about my target audience has helped me to adjust my ideas for my opening sequence , for example making the whole idea a bit more appealing to the feminine side of the target audience.  Although i have already learnt about institutions involved in the production of social realism films , however now that i have laid out more information. I have realised that analysing films such as Fish tank , Four lions and Looking for Eric ; that the institutions indulge a very sad topic or dark theme within the film and make sure that the audience feel this sort of theme and understand the message they are trying to send this.
Therefore i have analysed this and will try to emulate this due to the fact , i am portraying Islam , a religion which Four lions (2010) used , however was not able to trigger that comforting feel for Muslims them selves . This is because Four lions was more of a comedy rather than a hard hitting British social realism film , therefore i will try to avoid the comedy and emphasise on making the Film hard hitting. I will do this by portraying the characters well and dedicated to their religion and i will portray the religion in a more attractive and opposing way. Unlike Four lions who almost used the Religion to trigger a laughing matter.
After assessing four lions and their institutional views as well as their method of production , i have valued my film as a more serious film and a more comforting film for the Muslim people out there. As well as comforting for the other people to know that their is a different dimension towards what some British social realism films have already tried to portray and that there is always two views to a situation , and my film will be echoing this ethos a lot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment