Wednesday 30 January 2013

Production log week 1

What have you learnt this week from looking at the mark scheme and peer assessing previous work ?

Looking at the mark scheme gave me an idea of what a perfect coursework piece would look like. It also enabled me to take a look at what a very low quality piece of work would look like. However the main thing i gathered from analysing other peoples work via the mark scheme is that the understanding of the task it self has improved drastically. I now fully understand the objectives of the task. I hope to carry this knowledge on to when i do my own project , and can embed it in my own work to gather the most marks i can.

How will this inform your production ?

Me looking at previous work will help me in my work , because i will  try to see what they have done good and bad and possibly adapt it towards my work. But the most beneficial thing would be the mark scheme. I have assessed the mark scheme and have even tried to mark a piece of work. Therefore for me to be in the position of the examiner marking a piece of work , i now fully acknowledge what is needed for a good piece of work. Such as the criteria , i will try as hard to make my work to the best of quality.

What will you try to emulate/avoid?


From the coursework i have assessed i have seen top of the range quality work. I will try to assess their videos maybe once or twice , and see how they are getting so many marks. I will try to emulate this , and all the other good things their video has. however on the other side i have assessed very poor quality work , and i tend to not copy their traits. Things such as poor quality of shots have been used , i hope to avoid something like this. As well as the other things which pull down the marks , such as the theme not matching to British social realism. And finally some of the editing was poor , for example continuity editing was very poor on one piece of the work. Therefore i would assess my work just like i did with the previous work and i will try to emulate the good coursework however avoid the lower-end coursework which were docked marks for silly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment